Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I can't believe I haven't updated this since our little baby boy joined us! These past few weeks have flown by.

My labor and delivery went better than I could have ever expected. Sunday night, Les and I were having dinner then going to see a movie. Around 6:00 pm I started noticing some minor contractions. They weren't that painful but they were enough to notice. By midnight they were 5 minutes apart and very consistent so we went to the hospital. I was only dilated to 3 cm so they sent me home. The contractions continued until Tuesday when I felt like they were much stronger, so we went back to the hospital and I was only dilated to 4 cm!! Back home we went! At our weekly appointment, Wednesday morning, I was still at a 4. My Dr was planning to wait until the 9th to induce me but I couldn't take it anymore. The contractions were not terribly painful, but after three days of them I was exhausted. We scheduled to induce Thursday morning! We checked in to the hospital Thursday at 6:30 am. I was dilated 5 cm and 70% effaced. They got me hooked up and started the pitocin at 7:00. After only two hours the nurse came in and asked if I was ready for the epidural...I was expecting much much more pain first!! But after that I didn't feel a thing. I was fully dilated by 1:00 pm and I started pushing shortly after that. I only pushed through four contractions (10 minutes) then Everett arrived. I know, I am very lucky it was so short, but I pushed so hard I thought my head was going to pop off. The final push took everything I had in me. I don't think I could have pushed again. And Les was so amazing, he was so encouraging and I know I couldn't have done it without him. He even took a peek when Everett was crowning and didn't pass out!!

Our little boy is perfect! The nurse gave him a 9 on his 1 minute APGAR score, and a 10 on his 5 minute score. My happy healthy little boy was finally here! That really was the most amazing moment of my life. I still can't believe Les and I made him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment