Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The best job a girl could ask for!

Its official! I am staying at home with my baby boy! I am so excited about this. Of course operating on one income will be interesting, but we have done it before and plenty of other people do it with less. I had planned on returning to work Monday, but we had some issues in the childcare department. Les and I had a provider lined up in March. She was an in-home facility and she had never had any complaints or violations. She came recommended from a friend and I really liked her. I was taking Everett a week early so I could ease into being away from him all day long. When I arrived the first day she informed me that there had been a death in her home the previous week. Nothing that was within her control (SIDS) but she was devastated. She was no longer taking infants. I got home and held my little one and cried. I couldn't imagine losing him.

After it sunk in I realized that I stated work the next week and I had no childcare. I looked everywhere. I contacted or visited 17 different places!! All but three had waiting lists or just didn't take brand new babies. I called DHS and the three that had openings had some pretty serious violations and complaints so they were not options. Les and I decided that it was best for our family if I stay at home with him for a little while. At least until he is older. I put our name on three different waiting lists so we will have a choice when that time comes.

Keep us in your prayers, and pray for little Jackson and his family. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a child. Cherish your children, they are so precious.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you get to stay home Ashley! Everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to be able to stay home Ashley! Everett is a lucky little guy to have such a sweet mommy!
    ~kim dain

    ReplyDelete